Post your questions here

Topics: User Forum
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2006 at 9:46 AM
I'm waiting for your questions... :)
Jan 3, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Can workflow item associate with a windows form ?
That mean when an item get executed, a form will be able to show up for user input or other actions.
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2007 at 8:17 AM
no, the workflows will be run by a windows service...

but you will be able to 'pause' the workflow after a component is ran and use an external application to add some new input to the flow before executing the next component...
Jan 16, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Seems the first question to ask. Also, I'm looking at building an ASP.NET Page Flow engine. Can this product assist me with that?

Thanks,

Trevor
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2007 at 5:12 PM
well... from a 1 to 10 scale, this project is 1 and WWF is 10... :)
I am developing this "orchestration" for a school project... so... my intention is not to compete with WWF...

yes... you could use this product from asp.net... but I guess that you will be more "productive" with WWF... ;)
depends on what you want to do... maybe this could be easier to use if you want to allow the client to modify the workflow models (maybe using WPFE?), but I doubt that you will ever have the same "power" with my project that you will have by using WWF... after all I'm just one lazy programmer... how many does Microsoft have working on WWF?... :D
Apr 5, 2007 at 2:25 PM
Hi, I can't recompile code because Visual Studio complains that Softix.Drawing.Diagram.Wpf project is missing. Could you please update the source code including this project? Thanks you.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2007 at 6:29 AM
I just looked in the source code archive in the release section and the project it's there (in 'client' folder)... so... maybe you don't have .NET Framework 3.0 installed?... or you don't have WPF Extensions for Visual Studio?...
Sep 18, 2007 at 6:51 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2007 at 6:52 PM
First of all, congratulations by the good work done here. WWF, take care! ^^
This project is all that I need to begin writing a Business Process Management application, except for some details:

1) I would need some kind of parallellism. One component with two or more outputs, but those outputs would be executed at the same time.

2) Would be VERY nice if we could use web services/wcf as a component. It is possible already, hardcoded, but... if the input/output parameters of the component could be dynamic (as output paths are), would be possible to parse a WSDL specification and adjust the input/output of a component to the service parameters... This would allow to call any web service as a component: we link a generic WebService component to a web service WSDL and the designer assumes the parameters and response of the service. Even if would be needed to generate and compile the proxy at runtime... that's not big issue here...

My intention is to make a tool where managers can build a business process management. There would be some services like, request director's signatures, calculate some values, check for credit analysis, etc... They are not coders... even a simple "Integer (32-bit)" would be a nightmare for them... They just want to draw their business and process the queue of events...

BTW. If I start a workflow and, in a component, I need to wait for a response for, let's say, 5 days, it is possible to store (serialize) the current status of the running workflow and resume it later?
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2007 at 5:36 AM

JCKodel wrote:
First of all, congratulations by the good work done here. WWF, take care! ^^
This project is all that I need to begin writing a Business Process Management application, except for some details:

1) I would need some kind of parallellism. One component with two or more outputs, but those outputs would be executed at the same time.

Yes... this is one of the new features I wanted to implement before stopping developing this project... :(

2) Would be VERY nice if we could use web services/wcf as a component. It is possible already, hardcoded, but... if the input/output parameters of the component could be dynamic (as output paths are), would be possible to parse a WSDL specification and adjust the input/output of a component to the service parameters... This would allow to call any web service as a component: we link a generic WebService component to a web service WSDL and the designer assumes the parameters and response of the service. Even if would be needed to generate and compile the proxy at runtime... that's not big issue here...

Hmm... never thought about this... but I guess it should be possible and not very complicate...

My intention is to make a tool where managers can build a business process management. There would be some services like, request director's signatures, calculate some values, check for credit analysis, etc... They are not coders... even a simple "Integer (32-bit)" would be a nightmare for them... They just want to draw their business and process the queue of events...

Yes... I really hate this kind of people (who don't know the difference between Int32 and String)... but... I guess that they will always be around... :)

BTW. If I start a workflow and, in a component, I need to wait for a response for, let's say, 5 days, it is possible to store (serialize) the current status of the running workflow and resume it later?

This is was the second new feature this project needed... I was thinking about a "orchestration server"... that will store the state of a workflow in a database until some external event occurs... so the application was designed in order to support something like this.

The good part is that there is someone else out there interested in this project ;)... the bad part is that between a 9hours/day job and a Paladin development in WoW I don't really have much time left for pet projects like this :(... but if you are interested we can try to make the changes required together... :)...
Jan 3, 2011 at 8:46 AM

Thank you for your job. This project helped me.